NAUI FIT PROGRAM
NAUI STORE # AF1000
The NAUI Familiarization-Instruction-Testing (FIT) program is a non-certification program. This is a prerequisite course for enrollment in a NAUI Assistant Instructor Course, NAUI Divemaster Course, or a NAUI Instructor Crossover Course (ICC). Students will receive the instructions and evaluations needed to prepare them for NAUI leadership training. Participants are given scuba knowledge, water skill and other performance evaluations, critiques and counseling to ensure they are aware of their state of preparedness.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS DO I NEED?
• Be at least 18 years of age prior to the start of training
• Certification as a NAUI Rescue Scuba Diver or the equivalent
• Certified as a NAUI Nitrox Diver or equivalent
• Certified as a NAUI Master Scuba diver or equivalent
• Certified in NAUI First Aid for Dive Professionals or equivalent
• Certified in NAUI Oxygen Provider or equivalent
• A minimum of 25 logged open water scuba dives with a minimum of 12.5 hours bottom time
• Other agency leaders who meet all prerequisites may attend a NAUI FIT Program
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
○ How to plan for lessons and use training aids
○ Instructor chain teaching concepts
○ Pool / confined water and open water teaching techniques and preparation
○ Open water rescue techniques
○ Open water problem solving
○ Core Theory and the following applied topics in relation to scuba:
— Decompression Theory (to include RGBM)
— Decompression tables principles and use
— First Aid / CPR / O2 Provider
— Dive Skills & Practices
THE SCUBA GEAR YOU’LL USE
Candidates are required to bring their own gear: a mask, fins, snorkel, scuba cylinder and regulator with submersible pressure gauge and an additional regulator second stage (octopus) or other demand-type alternate air source, and a buoyancy control device with low pressure inflator, a timing device, dive knife/tool, an emergency signaling device, and a compass to class.
LEARNING MATERIALS YOU NEED
The NAUI FIT Program Packet (#98501) includes the following:
• FIT eLearning code
• NAUI Leadership and Instruction textbook
• RGBM Air Dive Table
• NAUI Standard Air Dive Table
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?
The NAUI FIT program is a minimum of 2 days long. It requires all candidates to do a minimum of one in class presentation, one confined and one open water presentation. You will demonstrate competent swimming, skin, and scuba diving skills. You will also do at least one open water dive wherein you’ll review and practice various open water and rescue diver techniques. In addition you will get to attend an exciting yet challenging Legacy Skills workshop and get to practice the Skin Diver Ditch, Dawn, Recovery skill as well as the Scuba Equipment Exchange with a buddy activity.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
Tuition – $300.00
NAUI FIT Program Packet – $195.00
Total – $500.00
Your Next Step
Provided all other leadership prerequisites are met, current NAUI FIT graduates who are registered with NAUI may attend a NAUI Assistant Instructor Course, Divemaster Course or Instructor Crossover Course. Other agency leaders who are NAUI FIT graduates may attend a NAUI Instructor Training Course. NAUI FIT graduates are encouraged to attend their anticipated leadership course within the one-year timeframe of completing their respective courses when possible.
*Click below to register for the e-Learning course*