OCEANUS DIVING CENTER
VISIT OUR STORE AT 1665 KALAKAUA AVE
HONOLULU, HI 96826
MASTER SCUBA DIVER
Distinguish yourself as a leader among fellow divers. The Master Scuba Diver rating places you in an elite and esoteric group of divers. Everything you will learn, the skills you will implement during your transformation to becoming a Master Scuba Diver is ubiquitous to all facets of scuba diving, creating the bulwark for your scuba acumen. Becoming a Master Scuba Diver is no easy challenge, and in fact only 3% of all scuba divers ever achieve this rating. Because the Master Scuba Diver course is so challenging, by the time you complete this course you are expected to embody all of the same scuba knowledge and abilities as a Scuba Instructor. Set new goals for yourself. Become a Master Scuba Diver.
THE FUN PART
The exciting part is learning new things about scuba diving and applying them in real time situations, diving new places, making new friends, and rising to the challenges set by your Oceanus Scuba Instructor.
THE CHALLENGING PART
Although your instructor will help you fine tune some of what you already know, as a Master Scuba Diver candidate this is your time to shine. You will have to prove your grit by showing your peers and instructor what you’ve learned through demonstration. Master Scuba Divers are not only required to perform the same drills that are requisite for Divemasters, are expected superior knowledge of all aspects of recreational scuba diving.
MASTER SCUBA DIVER ADMISSION
Master Scuba Diver candidates must meet the below
• Fill out and submit (a) a training application, (b) Medical Questionnaire, (c) Assumption of Risk and Liability form, and, (d) a Rental Agreement form – If the new diver answers “yes” to any condition on the form’s medical history section, the diver must receive medical approval prior to any in-water activities
• 15 years old
• Participate (as part of your class) in a scuba review session
* We highly recommend this course for anyone seeking admission into the Divemaster or Scuba Instructor courses*
• Advanced Scuba Diver
• Rescue Scuba Diver
• 30 logged dives
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
The greatest rewards in life come with a sacrifice. In your case it comes with the rigor of doing something you love—scuba diving. Together with a scuba instructor you will choose to learn and participate in several dives related to those in the list down below and move on to graduate as a Master Scuba Diver.
• Boat diving
• Deep diving/Simulated Decompression Diving
• Dry suit diving
• Enriched air nitrox
• Environmental study or survey
• Emergency Procedures and Rescue
• Emergency Oxygen Provider
• Fish Identification
• Hunting and Collecting
• Limited Visibility & Night Diving
• Peak Performance Buoyancy
• Search and Recovery
• Underwater Naturalist
• Underwater Navigation
• Wreck Diver
• Peak Performance Buoyancy
• Review of Basic Scuba Skills
• Search & Recovery
• Shore Diving
• Skin Diving
WHAT DIVING EQUIPMENT WILL YOU NEED?
By the time you’ve decided that you want to become a Master Scuba Diver you should already have all of your own gear. To participate in the MSD you will additionally need to have
1) two dive lights (if you choose Night Diving as part of your class)
2) a surface marker buoy
3) a 100’ finger spool
4) a dive knife
5) slates to take notes on
SELECT COURSE MATERIALS
*Contact our retail store to speak with one of our sales associates to learn what’s available to you. All of the course materials are included in with the cost of the course*
YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE
Once you complete your Master Scuba Diver Certification, the way for you is up. Consider taking a technical diving course or an instructor course. Speak with your Oceanus Divers’ Instructor to learn more about what you can do to add more excitement to your scuba life.