OCEANUS DIVING CENTER
VISIT OUR STORE AT 1665 KALAKAUA AVE
HONOLULU, HI 96826
ACCREDITATION: NAUI STORE LIC # AF1000, PADI STORE LIC #26359
BOAT DIVER SPECIALTY COURSE
Take the Boat Diving Specialty Course to help better acquaint yourself with boat diving. You’ll learn useful boat terminology, boat procedures, boat etiquette like where to stow your gear, water entry techniques, safety equipment locations, emergency radio channels, boat diving preparation, pre-diving and post diving procedures and more. Meanwhile you will get to enjoy two fun dives from one of our boats while earning your specialty certification. After completing Boat Diver Specialty Course, you will be better acquainted with boat diving and basic boat procedures.
THE FUN PART
Diving from a boat is fun! Especially when you consider how easy it is to get into the water. It’s fun to know what you’re going to do just before a dive. Plus you get to meet all kinds of new people, new dive buddies.
WHAT YOU LEARN
Learn the tips, tricks and ways to
• Dive from boats ranging from small inflatable’s to giant live-aboards:
• How boats differ from place to place
• Gain experience and training from diving on boats in your local area
• Safely enter and exit the water. For example, sometimes it’s better to hand your gear up to the crew and then climb in the boat. But sometimes you just take off your fins and weights and walk up the ladder
• Stow your gear in the most appropriate areas
• Use surface lines to initiate or conclude your dives
• Locate basic boat safety equipment
WHAT DO I NEED TO START?
• Be a certified Open Water Scuba diver or equivalent.
• Be at least 15 years old. Divers 10 – 14 years old qualify to receive a Junior Boat Diver Certification.
• Submit a Medical History and Liability Release form (minors must be signed by parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s)).
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
• Tuition – $335.00
• PADI Boat Diver Crew-Pak – $59.95
Your Next Adventure
You can do many types of diving from a boat. Any certified diver can complete the Boat Diver course, which can help you reach the coveted Master Scuba Diver rating.
*Price if purchased in conjunction with course and attended in Honolulu through Oceanus Divers