TRY SCUBA DIVING
What could be more exciting than scuba diving in the ocean of Hawaii with green sea turtles and funny looking trumpet fish? Clear blue water, Moray Eels, Moorish Idols, schools of Convict Tangs, Bluefin Trevallies, and reef sharks are a few of the awe-inspiring aquatic animals you’ll see down there. This is for non-certified divers, and is perfect for vacationers because it allows for effective use of vacation time by cutting out long days of scuba training while affording everyone a fun filled glimpse into the adventurous and mysterious world of scuba diving.
WHAT IS TRY SCUBA DIVING?
The Try Scuba Diving activity is designed to introduce and encourage people who have no experience with scuba diving to try scuba diving and to learn more about our oceans, marine habitats, marine animals, and our human connection with the sea through a first person experience. This activity is conducted in a highly controlled environment under the direct supervision and guidance of a trained professional. It aims to dispel common misconceptions about scuba diving and the aquatic realm.
WHY GO DIVING WITH US?
Oceanus Divers is an authorized Scuba Diving Center by PADI, NAUI, PFI and SSI. Verify us at https://apps.padi.com/scuba-diving/dive-shop-locator/ under All PADI stores nearby. And, we are conveniently located within walking distance of Waikiki. Just walk East on Kalakaua Avenue until you reach Makaloa Street. At the light take a left. We are 3 doors down across the street from the Palama Super Market.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
To sign up for the Discover Scuba Diving experience, participants need to submit the following to the registar:
(1) All required forms. Participants must fill out and submit a Medical Questionnaire form, Assumption of Risk and Liability form, and Rental Agreement form. Students needing a physical evaluation will need to provide proof of a medical doctor’s approval prior to the activity.
(2) Identification. We need either a passport or U.S. identification copy. (This is for your safety.)
(3) Activity fee. Full payment for the Try Scuba Diving tour activity must be made at least 24 hours prior to the activity.
(1) Be at least 12 years of age. Children require a parent’s signature and legal guardian as a chaperone
Whenever possible, the orientation Session will be held at our Honolulu store facility prior to the Try Scuba Diving session. Parents of participating children are required to watch the “Children and Scuba” video. The parents of children, children, and adults participating in the Try Scuba Diving tour must watch the Discover Scuba Diving video in order to participate.
Prior to diving, students learn a few of the basic safety rules and scuba techniques for scuba diving. They get to wear and use scuba equipment and swim around underwater with their instructor to look at fish and Hawaii’s famous Green Sea Turtles.
(1) Participants who are not able to attend the orientation session will meet with an Oceanus Instructor at least 45 minutes prior to the Try Scuba Diving session to complete the administrative requirements
(2) The Dive Masters and/or Scuba Instructors will assemble and arrange scuba equipment at the pool, boat, or the shore side for participants
(3) The Instructor and/or Dive Masters will provide an overview of the activity all participants
(4) Scuba Instructors will introduce and explain the use of a mask, fins, buoyancy control device (BCD), regulator and pressure gauge. He or she will also review any other equipment participants will wear – exposure protection, weight system, alternate air source, etc. i necessary
(5) Prior to entering the water, the scuba instructor will review breathing rules and equalization techniques, as well as regulator and mask clearing. The Instructor will also provide an overview of essential safety information and basic scuba skills
(6) Entering the water: Oceanus Divers’ Instructor and/or Dive Master will assist participants in putting on and adjusting their scuba equipment
(7) Oceanus Divers’ Instructor will directly supervise participants as they breathe underwater and swim around. When comfortable, Oceanus Divers’ Instructor and/or Dive Master will take the participants on tours in deeper water as appropriate
RATES AND OPTIONS
We pride ourselves on providing highest quality of dive tours to our customers. Your safety, pleasure, and enjoyment are our number priority. Providing competitive rates, we will beat any dive store in Oahu’s prices. Give us a call for rates.
(A) Two Dives from Shore / $110.00 per person. Includes rental gear.
(B) Two Dives from Boat / 144.99 per person. Includes rental gear.
(C) Two Dives from Boat with preliminary training in shallow water / $169.00 per person.
** Boat Passengers or snorkelers – $65.00 per person.
AFTER THE DIVE
Your Dive Master or Scuba Instructor will break down your gear and give you a debriefing after each dive. If you’d like to log your dive with us as proof of having dove in Hawaii when your done, you are more than welcome to come back to the shop with your instructor to get signed off and to receive our fancy Oceanus Divers store-stamp in your logbook.
WANT TO TAKE A CLASS?
If you are thinking about taking another scuba diving course to improve your expertise, we have many to choose from. Check out our scuba diving courses or our specialty courses or our professional certification courses to learn more about the kool options available to you at Oceanus Divers.