OCEANUS DIVE CENTER
LOCATION: 1665 KALAKAUA AVE
HONOLULU, HI 96826
DISCOVER SCUBA DIVING
What could be more exciting than scuba diving with green sea turtles or trumpet fish in Hawaii? Clear blue water, Moray Eels, Moorish Idols, schools of Convict Tangs, Bluefin Trevallies, and reef sharks are a few of the awe inspiring aquatic animals you may see down there. The Discover Scuba Diving (also called Try Scuba Diving) is perfect for vacationers because no prior training is needed — it is for non-certified divers — and it offers a everyone a window into the adventurous and mysterious world of scuba diving.
WHAT IS DISCOVER SCUBA DIVING?
The Discover Scuba Diving activity is designed to introduce and encourage people who have no experience with scuba diving to learn more about our oceans, marine habitats, marine animals, our human connection with the sea, and scuba diving. Conducted in a highly controlled environment under the direct supervision and guidance of a scuba diving professional, this activity aims to dispel common misconceptions about scuba diving and the aquatic environment. Prior to diving, students learn a few of the basic safety rules and scuba techniques for scuba diving. Then they get to wear and use scuba equipment and swim around underwater with their instructor to look at fish and Hawaii’s famous Green Sea Turtles.
WHY GO DIVING WITH US?
Oceanus Divers is an authorized PADI Diving Center. Verify us at https://apps.padi.com/scuba-diving/dive-shop-locator/ under All PADI stores nearby. And, we are conveniently located within walking distance of Waikiki. Just walk East on Kalakaua Avenue until you reach Makaloa Street. At the light take a left. We are 3 doors down across the street from the Palama Super Market.
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR TRY SCUBA DIVING?
To sign up for the Discover Scuba Diving experience, participants need to submit the following to the registar:
(1) All required forms. Participants must fill out and submit a training application, Medical Questionnaire, Assumption of Risk and Liability, and Rental Agreement form. Students needing a physical evaluation will need to provide proof of a medical doctor’s approval.
(2) Identification. We need either a passport or U.S. identification copy.
(3) Activity fee. Full payment for the Try Scuba Diving tour activity is required prior to participation.
(1) Be at least 12 years of age. Children require a parent’s signature and legal guardian as a chaperone
Whenever possible, the orientation Session will be held at our Honolulu store facility prior to the Discover Scuba Diving session. Parents of participating children are required to watch the “Children and Scuba” video. The parents of children, children, and addults participating in the Discover Scuba Diving tour must watch the Discover Scuba Diving video in order to discover scuba diving.
THE DISCOVER SCUBA SESSION FORMAT
(1) Participants who are not able to attend the Orientation Session will meet with an Oceanus Instructor at least 45 minutes prior to the Discover Scuba Diving session to complete the administrative requirements
(2) Dive Masters and/or Scuba Instructors assemble and arrange scuba equipment at the pool, boat, or the shore side for participants
(3) Oceanus Divers’ Instructor and/or Dive Masters provide an overview of the activity
(4) Dive briefing: Oceanus Divers’ Instructors will introduce and explain the use of a mask, fins, buoyancy control device (BCD), regulator and pressure gauge. He or she will also review any other equipment participants will wear – exposure protection, weight system, alternate air source, etc. i necessary
(5) Prior to entering the water, the scuba instructor will review breathing rules and equalization techniques, as well as regulator and mask clearing. The Instructor will also provide an overview of essential safety information and basic scuba skills
(6) Entering the water: Oceanus Divers’ Instructor and/or Dive Master will assist participants in putting on and adjusting their scuba equipment
(7) Oceanus Divers’ Instructor will directly supervise participants as they breathe underwater and swim around. When comfortable, Oceanus Divers’ Instructor and/or Dive Master will take the participants on tours in deeper water as appropriate
RATES AND OPTIONS
**Two participants required for each event. Please call to check participant levels**
(A) One Tank Shore Dive – $100.00
(B) Two Tank Shore Dives – $120.00
(C) Two Tank Boat Trip – $145.00
***Two Tank Boat Trip with practice in confined water prior to the dive – $165.00***
** Boat Passengers or snorkelers – $65.00 / August Special!**
AFTER THE DIVE
Your Dive Master or Scuba Instructor will break down your gear and give you a debriefing after each dive. If you’d like to log your dive with us as proof of having dove in Hawaii when your done, you are more than welcome to come back to the shop with your instructor to get signed off and to receive our fancy Oceanus Divers store-stamp in your logbook.
THINKING OF TAKING CLASS?
If you are thinking about taking another scuba diving course to improve your expertise, we have many to choose from. Check out our scuba diving courses or our specialty courses or our professional certification courses to learn more about the kool options available to you at Oceanus Divers.